Friday, March 14, 2014

Salam ar-Ruh w'al-Qulub


Never have I felt true peace and serenity except that which descends unto me upon the reciting of these Words,

In the Name of God, Most Beneficent, Most Merciful
Praise be unto You, Lord and Sustainer of All Existence
Most Gracious, Most Compassionate
Master of the Day of Judgement
You Alone we Worship, You Alone we ask for Help
Guide us to the Path of the Righteous
Not that of those who have incurred Your Wrath nor that of those who have been lead astray
Ameen.

The Verses of the Opening
Sweetens the tongue like nectar,
Washes the body like water,
Comforts the ears like honey,
Cleanses the heart like milk,
And cures the spirit like balm.
It is the Wine of the Believer.

I close my eyes,
I set my mind to rest,
I open the window to my inner self,
And let the syllables sink in.

Every fiber of my being trembles.
I witness the waves of the ocean,
Turbulent as they are lead to sleep,
Like a cerulean giant melting into glass.
Calm.

I hear the choirs of angels singing,
Their voices tame the wind.
A soft breeze heals the soul.
Soothing.

I see the canvas of the twilight sky
A nocturnal blend of lavender and sepia,
Fuchsia and violet,
Hovering beneath a blanket of black and blue velvet,
Embedded with gemstones of the heavens.
Tranquilizing.



— Fahim Ferdous Kibria

No comments:

Post a Comment